UAQ/RAK Registration Issues

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
Nismo
UB Senior Member

Post by Nismo » 05 Feb 2007, 2:27 am

my tourer v was on my best friends name ... well later on he screwd up things started to get messed up n i ended up sellin the car .. but i did it in a tricky way .....
my car was on my friends name ... i just had a paper from a normal car seller statin that he car is bought by xyz... guess they took 50 bucks for making mubaya if dats wut u call it .... well my friend sued me for stealin the car n i ended up in police station ..i showed em the mubaya but it didn work out ... they asked me for tasjeel one ... and the fact is u cant have any paper from tasjeel if ur n expact ....

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 05 Feb 2007, 9:07 am

Too bad to hear that nismo, thing as well.. You're not the first person I hear about being screwed over using this.

What a stupid thing it is anyways, owning a car, but it is registered to somebody else. It's like buying property, it's never really yours.

My 2 cents, get a car that you can put under your name. In case you wanna move out of here, you're taking your OWN property along, and not somebody else's. And myaheb, whatever crap that is.. it's worthless. It's like the law, only useful when *they* like it.

zaq
UB Junior Member

Post by zaq » 05 Feb 2007, 1:33 pm

Hi guyz!

hopefully found the right solution!!!

For people buying cars with UAQ or RAK registration.... the best way to safeguard themselves is to go to Dubai Courts.... have them type a paper stating the terms and conditions of the sale of the paticular vehicle...... there they will make the seller and buyer sign it and then they will attest it! Thus making the buyer the legal owner of the car while the seller will just be mentioned on the registration and insurance policies. This Document will be more powerful than a normal Mubaya and will be legal proof in Police stations also as it will be attested by the Dubai Courts.

i will be going to Dubai Courts tommorow to check out this procedure and will hopefully have more on this then!

In the Meanwhile! Thanks for your support! Esp. Sam and Nismo for taking out the time and energy to answer me!

Cheerz !
Zaq

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 05 Feb 2007, 1:56 pm

I assume you're not emirati.

Sure, see what they say when you say "I want that skyline under my name".

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 05 Feb 2007, 2:39 pm

zaq wrote:i will be going to Dubai Courts tommorow to check out this procedure and will hopefully have more on this then!

In the Meanwhile! Thanks for your support! Esp. Sam and Nismo for taking out the time and energy to answer me!
Let us know what response you get from them. Looking forward to it. :)

dystopiangod
UB Junior Member

Post by dystopiangod » 07 Feb 2007, 4:11 pm

ahhhhh, just hearin all the problems that u guys face makes me sick with this system!

Why can't a guy buy a car he likes, instead of being forced to get a lame-%#%$ car ??

Why can't anybody do anything in this country without this "Wasta" everybody's talkin about

This is just plain stupidity and ineffeciency in my own opinion.

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 07 Feb 2007, 5:58 pm

Because the majority of the cars are poorly converted.

Poorly converted, weak car
weak car, unsafe car
unsafe car, niggaz die.

That is why.

Nismo
UB Senior Member

Post by Nismo » 07 Feb 2007, 6:50 pm

its not about converting ...its about ur rite .. its about freedom to buy anything u like ... its about freedome to live ....

if i know i'll get a number plate on my own name if i spend this much i will!! ....then no onez gono get it done poorly .. there is no stable law in this country ..guess they dun even have a law book!

lol they dream of sumthin n the next day it bekums a law ....

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 08 Feb 2007, 2:19 pm

Nismo wrote:its not about converting ...its about ur rite .. its about freedom to buy anything u like ... its about freedome to live ....

if i know i'll get a number plate on my own name if i spend this much i will!! ....then no onez gono get it done poorly .. there is no stable law in this country ..guess they dun even have a law book!
No, it's not man. Freedom? Yeah, wrong country then.

If it's a car in your name, you cannot spend more money then you can. If you say you will spend a lot of money on a car in your name. Get an evo, or a gt3.

dystopiangod
UB Junior Member

Post by dystopiangod » 09 Feb 2007, 5:28 pm

I dont think it's the unsafe converting issue, coz if thats the case, then they can easily get a government-supervised converting shop anywhere.. they wouldnt just ban the cars themselves.

My opinion: i think there's some kind of conspiracy to not let expats own cool cars over here :!:

And about the "Law Dreaming" thing,, ur soo close to the truth man 8)

Nismo
UB Senior Member

Post by Nismo » 09 Feb 2007, 8:01 pm

mike there is a huge difference between 100k and 1k ....

lemme tell u sumtin which u mite not know or u would maybe i dunno...

do u know in 2003-2004 al futaim motors only sold 30% of their rav 4'z
sales droped down to 50%

in 2004 uae allwoed passin of right hand cars in all over the emirates ... i remember rak,uaq all over u could register ur cars .. i guess allot of mark'z and starltes got registred in dubai as well ..later somone from royal family had n accident n unfortunately its a bloody syline! n u know wut happend next? they stoped registrin cars all over? do u call dat law?

the accident ratio of these coverted cars is very less as compared to the normal so called legal cars in uae? if there r 30 accidents happnin in emirates everyday only 1 would be a skyline,mark or wuteva

a bmw makes the same amount of noise which a markII or a skyline does ..

lemme tell u more ...in khaleej times there was n artical few years bak am sure sumone must av read ... the article was abour the same registration issue n rights of expacts ... n it clearly said these cars r much much better than the one being sold lol

its n endless issue u know .. n there r many more things to it . n i jus cant print em here u know ... it mite cr8 some serious issue ....;)

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 09 Feb 2007, 8:36 pm

Maybe because guys owning skylines are often young and like street racing. Racing in the street is illegal, we all know that.

Be happy that the government actually put a full fledged track down, and for a very low price, you can test your car there. Even unregistered cars. Street racing is illegal, just as smoking dope is illegal.

Of course the accident rate is less than with normal cars. Because there are less of them on the streets. It's like saying that Indian nationals have more accidents than germans, why, because Dubai has more indian nationals. If you would say that there are more accidents in toyota's than honda's, then you have a valid point.

Noise wise, also be happy that the government is so lenient with mods. Other countries, when they say "No modifications" (as per UAE law), it means no mods. No tinting, no other wheels, no exhaust. A stock car, which is loud, is still a stock car. Will they outlaw lamborghini, mustangs or ferrari?

Nismo
UB Senior Member

Post by Nismo » 09 Feb 2007, 10:02 pm

dats wut the prob is ... uae gov never said no modifications ! if u go to maroor as in ghusais dunno if its still the same place ... therez a fine chart u know .... of i look in to it says no excess modifications ... in brackets its written ( nitrous,bigger turbo chargers) ....the reason being lenient is Money lol tickets! ....they dun give a shit to saftey all they care is money ...

and who the hell is gono go for a race trak when they cant get thest their own car? ... they av opend a race track in dubai wid not allowin the cars which meet the tracks standardz lol ... now no onez gono take a corolla or a sunny to test or see his drivin skills ...

n drivin unregisterd cars there? i dun think anyone would be intrested ... cuz i wont be dedicated to a car which i cant use daily ..it'll be more like a scrap to me ...

its only good for ppl who go enough of money a big garage to advertize ...

this is all policz man dun even talk about it lol ..my head spind n i feel like burnin sumone ...

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 09 Feb 2007, 11:36 pm

Well, why do you need any police document when you put a CF hood then? Check the dubai police website, it says modifications. Though this country has shortcomings, it would be pretty useless to put excess modifications. What is excess? Intercooler? Boost controller? ECU? Wheels? Rollcage?

It is about safety man. Dubai has one of the unsafest road networks in the world, we have what, a 100 accidents per day, and daily 10 people die on UAE roads. Don't forget, this sandpile only has 4 million people. That is a lot.

Where i am from, we have much more people, and much less accidents. So, there you go.

And dont start on the "cant test their own car".. multiple people here at UB use their OWN cars on the track. Some peopel do have the money and use a RHD starlet or Skyline only to be beaten by others.

A car which you use on a track, and not on the road is not scrap, it is called a project car, or a track car. In a track car, no restriction, no nothing.

If your head is burning..

Nismo
UB Senior Member

Post by Nismo » 10 Feb 2007, 3:48 am

whoz got money for makin a project car in dubai ? how many ppl here in uae boost av got project car? ... yeah if u talk about astoora ,tai,saudi like i said garages then i can understand ... uae is got accident ratio cuz they dunno shit about law ....they keep saftey campaings to make money lol in 2005 march they made 1.5 million in just one week lol

u talk about saftey? uae gives highest amount of licneses as compared to any other part of midle east ... they have a bloody target which they av to come up wid .. lol ppl who dun even know to sit properly they drive on road ....

we aint got nuffin in that country bro ... maybe u have a nice job a nice life .but not everyone does in dubai ... the amount of preasure that gov is givin to our ppl trust me pandols r not good enough lol ....

ps pandol was good :D