what would be your dream project car???

Talk about car reviews & comparisons, buying advice & suggestions, spy shots etc.
Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 04 Jun 2007, 11:01 am

ok so i have been talking to albertho alot about cars. mainly Honda's. i got alot of information from him, which helped me decide what would be the right way to go if i was ever to modd a honda!!!..so what my question is what would you do??..what engine would you go for???..what modds would you put on??..tell us what purpose you want to modd your car!!..for street?? or track??..

personally i would get a EG, swap in a b18c, add in Intake/Headers/Exhaust, stage1 Camshaft/Underdrive Pulleys/ Port & Polished Throttle Body/ Knife Edge Butterfly/ Cam Gears/ ECU Tuning, decent suspension etc etc...my use would be mostly track and street both!!!

however ofcourse this would come out to be around 50-60,000AED, which is quit expensive if you think about it. why not just by a S2000 right???...

i was also wondering about h22 engine from prelude. some ppl are swapping them into there civic and turboing. a friend of mine here on uaeboost from qatar has a modded civic with a h22 engine. he added a turbo in it and some other modds!!..it flys guys...

Basically i just want to no your guys taste!! maybe it could help out a some guy in the future who wants to modd his civic!!!..

potentially waiting for replys!!
Last edited by Tamu on 06 Jun 2007, 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 04 Jun 2007, 9:11 pm

in my opinion - its way too hard to find a good h22 or B18.....

its time for us to move on. The new generation of Honda engines are pretty sweet!

If i was running on the same 50K budget - Kswap into a Jazz.
Believe it or not, the Jazz is the new tuning platform .... keep it simple and it will run beautifully on the track AND on street. I guess that would be my choice :)

grayfox666
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Volkswagen Tin Can

Post by grayfox666 » 04 Jun 2007, 10:53 pm

My choise syill stays ACCORD.
Im strageling about geting the V6 at the moment.Just have to wait a month for the salary increament. :D

I loose about 10k for changing my current accord but it worth it.
U get 80 hp more without modes (Y) plus VSA and other options. (Y)

Once i will get a V6, what i want is to make it 300 hp and thats it.
Mainly for the street and once in a blue moon for the track. :)

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 04 Jun 2007, 11:16 pm

accord after reading your post would have to totaly agree with you...the b18 and the h22 are old now...like u said the new generation has started and cars like the jazz with k20 swap would be the ideal thing...i was reading in performance magazing bout j racing swaping a k20 engine in a jazz..it looks evil and deadly for track use!!!but try to get ur hands on a k20:S ...i heard its realy rare!!!...wot modds would yuou add extra with a k20 swap??

grayfoxx no doubt the accord v6 is a nice car...but 4 track i dont think it would stand wid the other cars!!!...for your information the accord 2.4 engine is a strocked k20a !!!..correct me if i am wrong!!..i heard it is AMAZINGGGG>..sum guy in bahrain was telling me about his civic EK with a k24a engine!!...amazing!!!...with accord v6 ul get awesome power!!..but how will it perform in turns of handleing, cutting etc!???

i always wondered about S2000...how is it on the track!!?? is it worth it or would 350z be a better option??!

Accord98

Post by Accord98 » 04 Jun 2007, 11:39 pm

it isnt necessary to swap a K20 - as i said a K-swap. :)

a K20a will run you 20,000AED. A k24 u can pick up in Sharjah for 6K (catch my drift ;) )
that remaining extra 10k u saved will probably be spent on doing the swap properly and gettin the necessary parts from the RSX.

Swap in a K24 and on a Jazz u are making 180hp STOCK.... what mods do u need? Intake? exhaust?
Ur at a 190hp with those.... 190hp on a 1100kg car... thats a better power to weight ratio than a Civic Type R ... u WILL beat almost anything on the road...

U will have traction problems, so u will need a good set of rims/tires.
You will also need to stop better ... so brakes, and if u want handling, sways struts and the usual better suspension.

Or you can just keep the stock L15 enigne in the Jazz and get J's Racing Supercharger... sets you back 10-15k as well, but u get 160whp with no mods done...

Grayfoxx -- so u finally decided. Good for you bro! Hey, check the newspaper. i think there is one for sale right now! (slightly used, u might be able to save that 10k)

Eleanor
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda civic 99 EK-Evo 8

Post by Eleanor » 04 Jun 2007, 11:50 pm

y do they say " Old is Gold "
the new cars r good , but i just think they woudnt have the Raw power as the old engines.
but who knows the future will say ....
n i stick to b series engines, or mayb a acura engine - would tht fit ?
SD -

boost
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:still dont have one

Post by boost » 05 Jun 2007, 12:21 am

NSX / AMER's accord :D

grayfox666
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Volkswagen Tin Can

Post by grayfox666 » 05 Jun 2007, 12:26 am

The B series engines are little by little going away.Soon there will be none left.
As for tuning.The old engines are very tunable cuz years were spent by diff companies experimenting and making parts for those engines.
The companies need time to0 research new performance parts for the new generation of engines.Give it time.

Check this out. :D Something u can do to accord's K24
http://www.racingtechnologyco.com/Accor ... rboKit.htm

Accord98

Post by Accord98 » 05 Jun 2007, 9:07 am

^^ Wow! thats impressive Grayfoxx! damn!

At Eleanor - believe me man, i have an SiR - B series are awesome. BUT they cant compare to newer technology.....

Its funny cause if u placed an R18 (the new 2006 Honda Civic Engine) in an older Civic (like urs and mine)..... in a straight line it would beat an SiR.... (with a B16)..
Sure the B16 has 6hp more, but it makes 20 lb ft trq less than an R18 (thats not a small amount...)

Aftermarket support for these older engines are amazing... nuthing beats it.... but remember that the B16 had been around for more than 10 years. Give the L15 that much time and u will be suprised at what they will do with it :)

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 05 Jun 2007, 11:19 am

hmmmm...very intersting...as grayfoxx and eleanor said..the support for the Bseries is amazing, and old is gold!!..but for how long???....soon enough all the parts will be extinct!! :P ....nways iv been reading alot in magazines and websites about jazz with a kseries swap etc...and to my knowledge i think its pretty tight. i just had a question most likely accord will have the anwser. if i am not correct the k20a is 200+HP and the k24 is 180hp but the k24 is a strocked version of the k20a right???

and i just wana confirm..is the k24 the exact engine from a accord???? :S ...hmmmm....

i asked a question earlier abuot s2000...how is it??..how is the car??..good on track???is it better to just get a 350z???

i wouldnt mind takin this project up..jazz with kseries swap!!..sounds very intersting!!

albertho555
UB Special Member
Vehicle:B18C Civic HB

Post by albertho555 » 05 Jun 2007, 1:30 pm

S2000's are great on track !!! :-) but a civic could be better :-)

heavily modified quickest NA S2000 in UAE did 12.79 on the 350m drag, while my civic did 13.1 with full interior. I cant remember how the stock ones but u can check at :

http://www.evolve.ae/forum/dls_manager/ ... a8398f.pdf

they are very good and great potential too.

you seem all undecided in life bro ... 1st u want a swap in ure 7th gen, then u wanted to buy my civic, now u want a K, a Z and a S2000? :P sit down and think what u want to do with it ... accordingly set the budget, availability of parts, labour, etc .... and ure parents permission ;)

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 05 Jun 2007, 1:45 pm

i was waiting for your reply albertho..was wondering where you where...well il tell you about my confusion. 1st i was like turbo my civic or kswap it...then i was like not worth it on my car!!!..then i was like a i want a EG or EK and put in a bseries engine and modd it....then i was like il buy ur car...but it was out of my budget...and thats when i decided to make this a topic..see what ppl have to say...what there thoughts are about bswaps and kswaps...what honda would give the best potential.....i am a confused guy..but i like to make sure 100% before i move on with any plan

after reading what accord wrote about kswap in2 a jazz i had second thoughts especialy after reading the article in performance magazine about jracing..and then there was ur cars!!..that made me want more!!....and at the same time trying to fit things into a budget.....

its either a wait and modd a b18 eg/ek or kswap a jazz...or just buy a 350z or s2000 or evo...ITS CONFUSING GUYS!!!

i have reasons for not doing anything and being confused,....if i buy a evo i will have trouble with heat cz of the crap weather..if i buy a b18c it could be a great idea but parts would be a problem in qatar!!..if i swap in a k24 on a jazz it could work amazing and parts would not be a problem..but a bit over expensive...s2000 would be great but parts would be hard to find here...i have friends with s2000's....1guy broke his axle 2months back and his cars in the company since then waiting for the parts to arrive...a 350z would be awesome but its to commin....and then i thought why not a civic type-r hatchback like abdultaiyab..but sum ppl say it kinda suxs but da engine is amazing!!some ppl say swap a h22 in a civic it has amazing potential...n some ppl say parts and this and that are hard to get etc etc...

I JUST DONT FRICKING GET IT..thats why i put this up!!...i want to see what people would do and try out...what modds and engines would be the best!!!...

NOW SOMEONE HELP ME :D

Accord98

Post by Accord98 » 05 Jun 2007, 2:19 pm

Set some points up for urself Tamu
To me its seems like these are ur questions - and ur answrs!

Whats my budget? - 30-40K
Does it need to unique? - yes
Needs to be a daily driver with easy to get parts? - yes
needs to be fast? - yes

That leaves u with all the options u can have - jazz with k swap is out - too hard to get parts if anything goes wrong AND its expensive@!abdul taiyabs car is out cause its too expensive, Albertho's car is awesome - but again too expensive...

Do some research on swapping in a K24 into ur current civic... im sure its been done!
Tamu there are countless possibilities.

The k24 is not a stroked version... its completely different. It produces less hp, its not a very high revving engine, but it also produces ALOT of torque ! (more than u will ever need!)

Just make a bunch of questions and ask urself what is in and what is out. u will know the answer on what to do next with cars :)

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 05 Jun 2007, 2:38 pm

ya you are right accord..i should ask myself these questions. and trust me i have. the problem is not about the money. i can afford to get a s200,evo or 350z no problems...but thinking about having a project car is fun..and for that i want to spend a limited amount of cash..

give me your personal idea..is it better to go with a s2000,evo or 350z and tune those..or just go with a project car!!!..if a project car what expenses and stuff would be ther!!!...thats all i want to no...and which car is better over s2000,evo or 350z ??

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 05 Jun 2007, 2:40 pm

ya i have been searching about k24 etc....it seems kinds of difficult!!...the extra parts are the problems!!.....