Bonjour !... er.. Hello

New member? We appreciate a bit of introduction about yourself.
KraftDinner
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:none for the moment

Post by KraftDinner » 25 Jun 2007, 12:52 am

Hi all,

My name is Francis and I'm from Montreal, Canada. I arrived in Dubai mid-May and will work in JAFZA starting July 1st. I currently live in the Greens and was looking for a car when I bumped onto this site... First reaction when I visited the for sale section was "BINGO !!!!"...

You see, In Canada, Toyota Supra's are exceptionally rare and when you do find one, it's really, but really expensive (still 100K-150K DHS +) and in most cases automatic with a N/A engine. Needless to say finding an original TT with a 6 speed transmission is close to impossible.

I have seen many supra's on this site, but they all look to be orange with a huge park bench for a rear spoiler. Would anyone be able to direct me to where I could find a descent original TT with the 2JZ-GTE engine, manual transmission supra in good condition. Your help in this is greatly appreciated

I almost forgot,this site rocks !!! lol

p.s. I am not very familiar with the registration process ans saw that cars plated elsewhere might be a problem to register in Dubai. Would anyone have pointers on this or sites I could go to ?

Thanks again :)

stone-head
UB Senior Member

Post by stone-head » 25 Jun 2007, 8:58 am

Hi Francis
welcome on board & enjoy ur stay :D
about registration issues I think they are in another topics , ( UAE is seven emirates & each one
has its own number plates & regulations ) but as for dubai , heavily modded rides r not allowed, so if
u r looking for standard & clean supra it's supposed to be some kinda easy way to own one , but sure it will take some time to find a decent one .
happy hunting & cheers (Y)

boost
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:still dont have one

Post by boost » 25 Jun 2007, 12:14 pm

yo bro welcome....

hope u get a supra very soon.... there is a member in this site by the name of ABDULLAH..... u might ask him if u want... he has a list of cars for sale !

enjoy being in UAEboost.net ! (Y)

and regarding no. plate..... it doesn't matters whether u drive a car with UAQ (umm al-quwain - a tate of UAE) no. plate or abu-dahbi no. plate in DUBAI.....don't know about your country but here, anyone can drive any car, might it be his frnd's or father's as far as he holds a license !

would love to see your future supra with you one day ! (Y)

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 25 Jun 2007, 12:52 pm

Welcome to the board Francis.

Refer to the UAQ/RAK Registration Issues and BASIC RULES OF MODIFYING A CAR IN DUBAI topics in the General Talk forum for detailed discussions regarding procedures for registering cars in Dubai and elsewhere. Basically, a RHD converted (to LHD) car cannot be registered in Dubai. That is the reason for most jap imports to be plated elsewhere but still seen to be driven in Dubai. More details in those pages :)

ps. Just got back from a friend's garage; they're building a TT 5-speed Auto Supra for Show 'N' Shine events to be held later this year. (not on Sale, yet.)
Attachments
CIMG4120b.jpg

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 25 Jun 2007, 5:29 pm

Hey Francis!

Welcome to UB, hope you will enjoy

Supra! You will get here for sure but to find a clean one is going to take some time

Good luck (Y)

abdullah
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:skyline gt +Honda EK +yaris

Post by abdullah » 25 Jun 2007, 10:50 pm

hey bro welcome to uaeboost.net hope u will have a great time..well i can find for u its not a big deal,just tell me ur buged

MASTER DISASTER
UB Addicted Member

Post by MASTER DISASTER » 26 Jun 2007, 9:01 am

you are most welcome.

ScOrPiO ZaiB
UB Dedicated Member

Post by ScOrPiO ZaiB » 26 Jun 2007, 1:48 pm

Welcome to the forums Francis ................ And happy hunting (Y) (Y)

spitzbergen
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2001 Dodge Viper GTS

Post by spitzbergen » 26 Jun 2007, 10:04 pm

Hey Francis, I also work down at JAFZA and it seems like we both got here the same time also...
Welcome.

studboy_441
UB Senior Member

Post by studboy_441 » 26 Jun 2007, 11:44 pm

hey francis welcome here...ull get a nice supra....but only if you are patient (Y)

anyways best of luck ..hope you like the forums. best of luck (Y)

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 05 Jul 2007, 9:04 pm

Bonjour mon ami,

Don't waste your time on Supra's man. Sure, they look cool, though Fast and Furious has been done, and everybody wore the t-shirt... Police is getting more tough in illegal street racing activities. And you don't buy a TT supra to go to carrefour and back only.

Plus, you'll have a very hard time regging it. Unless if you find a Dubai regged supra already, but they are mostly NA, and overpriced.

But hey, welcome to UAE and to UAE boost. :)