UAE Boost Meet 2008

Announcements and discussions regarding members' meets.
Hosrom
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Hosrom » 14 Jan 2008, 6:27 pm

Hey guys/gals,
When would the next met be? any ideas of a date and place?

I am leaving to Frankfurt on Jan 22nd and would be gone for 10 days, anytime after that i would greatly appreciate, since i love attending ;)

Ideas are welcome.

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 14 Jan 2008, 7:03 pm

I think this Friday UB members going for Jabl Hafeet cruise

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6450

prossett
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Honda Jazz

Post by prossett » 19 Jan 2008, 9:12 pm

Hosrom, we missed you dude!!!! :D

OK, it's only been yesterday, but I'm ready for the next MEET... DRIVE and MEET, guys, DRIVE and MEET! :!: Let's make it in February...

Let's have some ideas for a location, ideas for some activities...

Off the top of my head here's some brainstorming: ever tried a treasure hunt kind of drive? You're in a team of maybe 4 cars and you get clues to the next location. Not clear directions, just some kind of puzzle the team has to solve... they can use any method they can think of to solve it (like phoning their brainier sisters at home to ask for help!!! LOOOOOOL) - then they go to that location and find the next clue... in the end all clues point to the location of the MEET, and the first team there is the winner! It can be a lot of fun if done well.

At any time a team can give up and phone in for the answer, but then they automatically don't qualify to win.

Another idea is a driving skill course - this also can be lots of fun. You set up an obstacle course for really low speed but requiring excellent precision. It you touch any of the sidelines, you're immediately out. You do things like put down planks of wood and the driver must keep all tyres on them, or not let the tyres touch the wood at all; you make them reverse into almost impossible corners; you make them do really tight and tricky curves - it's really slow speed, much slower than autox for example - think of an impossible autox track - something like that.

That also can be fun - needs someone to borrow wide and flat planks of wood from a construction site, and needs a good empty parking lot out of sight.

Another idea would be a fun driving road close by a nice destination for the MEET. Kind of like the Jebel Hafeet deal.

More ideas? Let's hear them? You guys know a cannonball run, right? That could be fun, too. Everyone leaves from one location and has to reach another location with lots of route possibilities - either who covers the shortest distance or first one there wins (with mature drivers only - like, with the guys who came to Jebel Hafeet that would work perfectly: people who know how to drive but also respect the road! 8) )

Comments?

C'mon, let's hear your crazy ideas, and then we'll select those that are possible... (Y)

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:clio197

Post by kingkenny » 19 Jan 2008, 9:41 pm

prossett wrote: Another idea is a driving skill course - this also can be lots of fun. You set up an obstacle course for really low speed but requiring excellent precision. It you touch any of the sidelines, you're immediately out. You do things like put down planks of wood and the driver must keep all tyres on them, or not let the tyres touch the wood at all; you make them reverse into almost impossible corners; you make them do really tight and tricky curves - it's really slow speed, much slower than autox for example - think of an impossible autox track - something like that.
sound interesting to me !! :D

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 19 Jan 2008, 10:52 pm

Cool, I'm game! 8) That is Jazz territory!!! LOOOOOOOOL

kingkenny and all other members, start thinking about where there is a tight parking lot that has lots of turns and curbs and not just open. It should be usually empty, and it should not be visible from a main road...

I know a perfect one in Al Ain (photo here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6597), but most Boosters are in Dubai/Sharjah so it's better if there or close to there.

Any other ideas or comments on future DRIVE and MEETs anyone?

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 20 Jan 2008, 12:10 am

Deserves a Sticky.

Lets think this through together everyone...!

CUSTOM_RIDE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by CUSTOM_RIDE » 20 Jan 2008, 6:59 am

driving skill course sounds intresting, some good driving experience....lets make it guys..

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 20 Jan 2008, 8:55 am

OK, let's start a new thread for the next MEET and DRIVE, and let's keep this one for crazy ideas... what other stuff could we do?

How much is it to book the Autodrome?

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:clio197

Post by kingkenny » 20 Jan 2008, 11:40 am

prossett wrote: How much is it to book the Autodrome?
it won't be cheap for sure ..... may be i can ask autodrome or either emsf how much it will cost if we like to have a private track for our club event .

but to do this , at least give me 10 cars who willing to take part !!

stone-head
UB Senior Member

Post by stone-head » 20 Jan 2008, 12:21 pm

I liked the tight course drive , LOL I should fit ultra-sound parking sensors
in order to win :wink: :wink: ( cheating is allowed , right prossett :P )
but hunting treasure !!! man I'm too lousy finding paths , & I get lost so easy :$ :$
hey !!! then I'll need a navigation system with GPS :D
how about karting ?? I heard u can pay n drive karts some where in jabal ali track !!
I've never been there but heard about it , more info please :roll: :roll:

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 20 Jan 2008, 12:23 pm

Official topic here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6698

stone-head
UB Senior Member

Post by stone-head » 20 Jan 2008, 12:27 pm

ohh , BTW Hosrom u should attend the next meet , a liddle bit of spicy flava by chef Hosrom
will do da job :D
eee viola !!!!!!

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 20 Jan 2008, 1:03 pm

Karting sure would be fun! 8)

There's sure to be payment involved... I wonder how much... who can find out?

Anyways, a KART and MEET would be great!!!! 8) We have a race afternoon with members on the go-karts, maybe some prizes for the winners, and then right after we have our MEET in the karting track parking lot - cool idea, stone-head! (Y)

More ideas, guys!

Maybe we can map out a forward schedule, something like:

February - DRIVING SKILL MEET
March - Go-KART MEET
April - TREASURE HUNT MEET
May - maybe BEACH BBQ MEET? It'll be darn hot by then!
June - AROUND THE UAE CANNONBALL RUN?

That'll take us to summer... what do you guys think?

Remember what I keep saying about how a one-man-show doesn't work, guys - we're going to need members to step forward and host these meets...

Who can host the Go-KART MEET in March? All you have to do is phone the kart track, get a group rate, fix a date, and post it!!!!!!

I'll offer to host the April one, as that's a bit tricky unless you've done it before - yes, everyone gets lost and it cr@ps out!!! LOOOOOOL

Who can host the May BEACH BBQ?

C'mon guys, step forward soldiers!!! :D

By the way, these are just ideas, so keep more coming! Once we feel an idea is ready to be taken to the next step, we can start an official thread, like Sam just said.

EDIT: add a DESERT BBQ MEET - there's some nice places where street cars can park right next to the dunes.