Honda Info...

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 18 Mar 2007, 7:36 pm

whatever it is guys, it's 1 hell of a ride. I wish i could have 1 of these. after i saw the blue EG near burjaman center i went mad. I felt like sticking my number on the car and ask if it's for sale. But i highly doubt it that he's going to sell his b18c hatchback. its a damn rare care!

on another note, can someone help me by giving me directions to these car accesorys shops. I went 2 souq naif area in deirra but the shops sucked big time. If there are any shops that are mainly dealing with honda's that would be great. If not then any normal shop will do. and WTF i will call your friend up!! it's kind of akward to call someone up and ask him "dude i need honda parts :P " ...hehhehehe...thanks brothers!!

albertho555
UB Special Member
Vehicle:B18C Civic HB

Post by albertho555 » 18 Mar 2007, 9:39 pm

Hamdan's car performed GREAT !!! its a damn light car, high compression engine, very stiff chassis, roll cage, gutted interior ... what more could u want? its an amazing track car ... no words to describe how it handled.

h22
UB Junior Member

Post by h22 » 23 Apr 2007, 12:21 am

WTF wrote:hhhmmm !! 7th gen Civic ... K20 is the best engine u can swap on ur car .. no doubt about it ...

for ur current Engine ..

as for performance parts ... Intake/Headers/Exhaust ... those are the basic modification u can do ... now if u wanna go further than that ... Stage 1 Camshaft/Underdrive Pulleys/ Port & Polished Throttle Body/ Knife Edge Butterfly/ Cam Gears/ ECU Tuning ... for sure ull feel the difference on ur cars performance and response ... ohh i forgot .. urs is non vtec ryt ? some people have tweaks on non vtec engines and convert it to vtec

as for suspension and handling .... coilovers/strutbars/ Polyurethane Bushings/ .. now if ur tight on budget .. go for a lowering springs and polyurethane bushings .. these alone will make ur car stiff and perform well on corners ...
i prefer to swap ur car to 2.2 vtec
and porting head , intake modifid,cold ram intake ,performance exhoust .. *NOS* and u will have fuun on roads;)

SalV6
UB Junior Member

Post by SalV6 » 09 Nov 2007, 9:01 pm

Changing your car to Vtec is simple, you will need to get a VTEC head, and a VTEC soleniod.

I'm surprised no one is out there to help you guys with mods, like we do here, we help friends in the clubs building engines and all, borrow tools and such, how do you guys get your cars so modded?

if i were there right next to your civic i could probably rebuild the engine for you.... thats how overplayed hondas were here, that if you were into cars from the age of 16 and you were 22 or so now you could practically build a honda in your back yard and sell it to Honda....lol

anywas i read earlier on you saying why add all the port job, cams, and such when your car has no vtec, there is a use actually, those mods are so common on people who mods cars, and remember not all cars are vtec, its like you saying why should i put on a exhaust system when i have no vtec....

My advice put in a H22 if you are into just driving straight, because the H22 is heavy but FAST ..VERY....but not good if you like tracks like going crazy fast on corners twisting and trowing car through curves left and right, for that i'd just got with a B16 vtec, for all round car put in a B20 and turbo it.

one word of advice if you like the sound of your vtec....buy the most powerful stock vtec engine, because when you have vtec and you start adding mods like intake,exhaust,headers and so on, the sound of the vtec starts to dissapper, because your low end power starts to become 50/50 with vtec, i.e your car basically ruins the purpose of honda vtec which was built for economy under 5krpm and for aggressive driving above that.

a7med
UB Dedicated Member

Post by a7med » 24 Dec 2007, 11:09 pm

SalV6 wrote:the sound of the vtec starts to dissapper, because your low end power starts to become 50/50 with vtec, i.e your car basically ruins the purpose of honda vtec which was built for economy under 5krpm and for aggressive driving above that.
That changes with what type of headers u have, 4-2-1 or 4-2-2-1 or 4-1, as i know 4-1 has better high-end and 4-2-1 has better low end, pipe diameter is also an issue, its a matter of preference, besides, its true that honda came with vtec first, but now all other are also replicating the same tech, the economy part of it is that in japan higher displacement meant higher taxes for manufacturing companies and customers, aside from fuel comsumption, thats why the battle of 'small fast cars' is going on between jap companies, that explains why those 4 cyclinder engines outstand those 8 cyclinder 5-something liter engines in the us.

fergy7197
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Rover 220 Coupe turbo 235BHP

Post by fergy7197 » 06 Apr 2008, 5:59 am

instead of sticking with the NA route - try turbo-ing a b16, not only will u still have the high revving vtec, but also more torque - which is a pretty key factor.

plus i dont know how popular turboing honda engines are over there in UAE but here in the uk it has been done, chap that lives not too far from me has the fastest ep civic in europe - lots of money spent there obviously!!

http://www.cplracing.co.uk/news.php

its a case really how much bhp you want for the money you want to spend. :D

poi5on
UB Junior Member

Post by poi5on » 01 Sep 2008, 9:44 pm

Tamu wrote:Hey guys how are you all doing....I am sorry if the subject is mis-leading. I wanted to no about honda's. Me myself being a honda civic owner (you can check my ride out in the garage,its a white honda from qatar) would like to educate myself about honda engines. I am currently running a generation 7 civic ...i want to no about swapping engines, what requirements would i need, what could i do to my current engine, what type of engines are there? what would be the best engine for me. If there is anyone that has knowledge in this can you please fill me in....btw my civic is a exi not vtec :( ...

soo ppl common give me ur feedback..il b comming to dubia on saturday for two weeks. I hope there will be a meet so i can meet all of you guys and see ur rides!!!....thanks for reading and hoping for some feedback :) ..
Hey bro, if your willing to have an engine swap I'd go for a K20 Type R swap. :)

With the K20 Type R 200+ HP at the wheel it will put a smile in your face. Not to mention the 6 speed tranny and an LSD :)

After the swap, you could always go Turbocharged or NA its really your choice.

I own a 7th Generation Civic myself. Its a 2005 Honda Civic 2.0L that has a stock K20 engine (5 speed, its not the Type R version) I had the engine Turbocharged but left the internals stock.

Its boosting at 8psi and it makes me smile every time I drive it. :)

HTH

raz
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:EP3 type-r

Post by raz » 02 Sep 2008, 4:37 pm

hey poi5on , let us know more about ur TC , what turbo , who tuned it for you? how do u get it registered here??

poi5on
UB Junior Member

Post by poi5on » 02 Sep 2008, 4:46 pm

raz wrote:hey poi5on , let us know more about ur TC , what turbo , who tuned it for you? how do u get it registered here??
Hey sir raz, actually my current car is not in Dubai but I will be going to Dubai this September and leaving my car hehe.

The Turbine Im using is T3 and it was dyno tuned by Autoplus.

raz
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:EP3 type-r

Post by raz » 03 Sep 2008, 1:45 pm

ohkk , cool then , hopes of ep3 tuners in dubai got shot again

#MR
UB Junior Member

Post by #MR » 23 Jan 2009, 4:08 pm

raz wrote:ohkk , cool then , hopes of ep3 tuners in dubai got shot again
tuned NA k20 is sick engine and sound is soo sweet :!:

freejkhateer
UB Junior Member