What do you use? FireFox, Chrome, IE or a toaster ?

Discuss latest computer technology out in the market. Anything related to Computers!
Sidewinder
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:94 Accord

Post by Sidewinder » 29 Jun 2010, 6:57 am

Hey everyone,

being a webdeveloper I am curious about what Internet browsers are mostly used by this comunity ?

Ozimandius
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata MX-5 NA

Post by Ozimandius » 29 Jun 2010, 8:27 am

I use IE for work (so that means less tabs open, haha), and FF for non work related websites..at work. I also use IE for SSO. But it's still a flaky, unreliable browser. Used Opera, wasn't impressed.

I use a toaster very very rarely, unless mom makes omelettes and we want sandwiches on the weekend.

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 29 Jun 2010, 1:51 pm

IE and FF

daarklord
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2008 Peugeot 207 RC

Post by daarklord » 29 Jun 2010, 4:34 pm

Every morning before I go on an exploratious safari, I use my chrome toaster to fire up a fox for breakfast while listening to opera.

...uhuh. I think I got everything. Anyway for real, I always use FF. When I come across a site that's broken in FF, I use IE.

Also I use my phone browser a lot. <--- VERY important for web developers nowadays!

WKZ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:EP82 Starlet+Jeep Wrangler

Post by WKZ » 29 Jun 2010, 5:11 pm

Opera.

Sidewinder
UB Junior Member

Post by Sidewinder » 29 Jun 2010, 9:49 pm

daarklord wrote:Every morning before I go on an exploratious safari, I use my chrome toaster to fire up a fox for breakfast while listening to opera.

...uhuh. I think I got everything. Anyway for real, I always use FF. When I come across a site that's broken in FF, I use IE.

Also I use my phone browser a lot. <--- VERY important for web developers nowadays!
A site thats is broken in FF ? thats a first. Usually its IE that breaks everything especially that dreaded IE6 which should be taken out back and put down.

And yes you can not ignore the iphone browser, is there a way to emulate that browser on a pc ?
I mean with those dimensions and its capabilities ?

Ozimandius
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata MX-5 NA

Post by Ozimandius » 30 Jun 2010, 8:41 am

This isn't a debate, or is it? FF isn't perfect, and at times, it feels like a bigger resource hog than IE. Having said that, I still think FF is better, but not necessarily the best.

Sidewinder
UB Junior Member

Post by Sidewinder » 01 Jul 2010, 7:20 am

yea firefox can be a big resource hog when running lots of tabs and Add-ons

hk20
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:2011 Nissan Tiida HB - JDM Project

Post by hk20 » 02 Jul 2010, 11:47 am

Google Chrome and IE. But IE sucks :mrgreen:

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 04 Jul 2010, 11:29 am

Strictly FF.

daarklord
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2008 Peugeot 207 RC

Post by daarklord » 07 Jul 2010, 9:38 am

Sidewinder wrote:
daarklord wrote:Every morning before I go on an exploratious safari, I use my chrome toaster to fire up a fox for breakfast while listening to opera.

A site thats is broken in FF ? thats a first. Usually its IE that breaks everything especially that dreaded IE6 which should be taken out back and put down.

And yes you can not ignore the iphone browser, is there a way to emulate that browser on a pc ?
I mean with those dimensions and its capabilities ?
Usually it's webmail and online registration sites which are custom made for the company that work only on IE and not FF. There was also one instance of a normal site being broken in FF due to using lots of layers and tables or something, but upgrading FF fixed it anyway. IE sucks, but in the corporate world, it is king.

I have a friend who developed an iphone app on pc. Emulating the browser should be possible too. You can't use Apple's official environments without a mac, so you'll have to search around for alternatives. And don't forget the BB browser.

proxious
UB Junior Member

Post by proxious » 29 Nov 2010, 7:55 pm

yes sure google Chrome is the best browser, when i first downloaded it, my internet was

running at a lighting speed, i even checked my speed
http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/
and it was normal too, hitherto i used firefox which chocked my browsing capabilities .
But the only one advantage with firefox is that it has more add ons, which makes things

much easier