Carbon Fiber roof vinyl

Selling performance parts? Wanna trade? That goes right here!
samgad
UB Junior Member

Post by samgad » 22 Jan 2012, 4:25 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a 300C SRT8 and want to carbon fiber vinyl the roof and chrome mirrors.

Do I need to obtain permission from the police first and if I don't, will it fail its new registration (Dubai).

Also does anyone know a place that can do it for me? I asked Fibra foil but was told 2500 which I think is very expensive just for the roof.

Thank you.

Tribal
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:G35

Post by Tribal » 22 Jan 2012, 4:46 pm

depends on the color of your car, if you have a black car and your getting black carbon fiber.. you don't need permission
and chrome mirrors are fine without permission

samgad
UB Junior Member

Post by samgad » 22 Jan 2012, 5:01 pm

Tribal wrote:depends on the color of your car, if you have a black car and your getting black carbon fiber.. you don't need permission
Thank you Tribal. The car currently has the standard chrome mirrors on but I would like to carbon fibre vinyl them.

The colour of the car is pearl inferno red. I assume I would need police permission to do the roof? Do you know where I would go to get permission?

Thank you for your time

Tribal
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:G35

Post by Tribal » 23 Jan 2012, 3:07 pm

samgad wrote:
Tribal wrote:depends on the color of your car, if you have a black car and your getting black carbon fiber.. you don't need permission
Thank you Tribal. The car currently has the standard chrome mirrors on but I would like to carbon fibre vinyl them.

The colour of the car is pearl inferno red. I assume I would need police permission to do the roof? Do you know where I would go to get permission?

Thank you for your time
you have to go to Dubai police CID in Al Qusais, not sure about the process exactly.. I'm also looking to get permission for two-tone color :smile:
I guess they just inspect the car and check if u got traffic fines before they give you permission.

ghostrider_dxb
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:09 suzuki swift vdi- 2010 yamaha FZ

Post by ghostrider_dxb » 23 Jan 2012, 3:58 pm

Try Matt Cars.. They'll help u with the registration work too (Y)

samgad
UB Junior Member

Post by samgad » 23 Jan 2012, 4:05 pm

Thank you guys. So I think I found out the process.

Take a trip to the CID office in Qusais. The service is free. They inspect your car and give you a paper with permission. You go and get the job done and then go to get a new registration card. All fines must be paid before the new registration card is issued.

CaL][CaB
UB Senior Member

Post by CaL][CaB » 23 Jan 2012, 5:10 pm

(Y) good to know bro...some one cleared the air here

Matt
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:97 Wrx + 07 Wrx

Post by Matt » 23 Jan 2012, 6:12 pm

yeah thats the way to do it. Take the car to them, they check for any crash damage etc give you a paper, you then paint the car and take it back to them for the new registration card

Mr.HacKeR
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:09 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

Post by Mr.HacKeR » 24 Jan 2012, 5:08 pm

the wrap shouldn't cost you more than 200 Dhs if you do it in Shj or Ajman, it is easy to install, so the skill of labor shouldn't be an issue... There is a shop called Al Shaheen Al Arabi in al Sharq street, Sharqan, Shj (opposite hotburger). He does a very good job (Y)
If your car is painted (not from the dealer) then the paint will be damaged if you remove the vinyl later on.