CALLING ALL CAR ENTHUSIASTS!!

Talk about car reviews & comparisons, buying advice & suggestions, spy shots etc.
Foochum
UB Junior Member

Post by Foochum » 16 Jul 2015, 10:22 am

Hello and thank you for having me here. If only I knew such a wonderful community existed online I would've spent all my time here much earlier and not breaking my head online reading other sorts of junk. But anyhoo. I'm here to request for some help if you please from anybody kind enough to show and teach me. I feel learning is half the battle done. I promise to keep it short and simple and not put my life story into it.

First off I'm very much into cars like you all, when I was younger, I was also pretty much foolish, I've done the racing on streets / highways with thankfully 0 accidents till date after holding 8 years of a drivers license in Dubai. My friends have been good enough to let me drive sometimes and I've grown up with a close bunch and good drivers around the world.

Now I feel its time to slow down and purchase my very own first car. I cannot begin to stress the importance of these next few lines lol.

I want to buy a GMC YUKON DENALI specifically a 2005-2006 model. Before I continue. Please bear in mind that this comes from a great love for this machine. A pure feeling from deep within. All my friends think I'm retarded and keep suggesting other things like a wrangler or a pickup or a car that I can't see myself driving. Then there are those that support me in my quest to attain this model. I will settle for nothing else. I have no other secondary model that I've thought off except for maybe a Chevrolet Tahoe with the same year model an LTZ 2005-2006.

I want to tap into your minds and thoughts, your inner child and reach out to make you guys understand that its this design, this very model, that I've have a terrible crush on, if I make it sound like my girlfriend / wife, I'm sure you guys can relate better then. So before any of you guys suggest this and that the who why what when how, which I'm open to and welcome the criticism or advice, its this very specific model im after. Onwards...to the center of the matter.

It's been it's been 12 years since I've waited, sure I've driven other cars. Sure I know some basics but less, its more feeling than math or logic. I have recently acquired some money to which I can finally make my first purchase of my very own first car. I've spent the last two months scouring the internet on every possible site, running all over al quoz, barsha, Abu shagara (sharjah), aweer etc. Every model I've found (and very very rare and few they are), are all done some ridiculous amounts of kms, I have a keen ear for listening to the engine and overtime I've accumulated knowledge on what to look out for a 2nd hand used car. It's unbelievable the ripoffs and scams they have going around with very very few gems of models. I'm sure you guys know about the salvaged dinged up imports and yada yada so I'm not going to get into that. Apart from everything else i'm going to put down a list of questions and hopefully maybe you guys can help me out,
Every model there is to find online has already been either outdated, i've checked out or to my bad luck been sold

I am looking for A GMC Denali preferably a 2005-2006 model, I'll also consider a 2004 model if its really well maintained etc and i can use whatever life is left in it for a loooong time.

I've recently started looking into imports from the U.S.A, everything there is in miles which converted over here is a lot of kms done. However i've found some really good models, talked to dealers but their hype and up sells are just meh....dealers.....will say anything to sell stuff. I dont trust till i can see the car up front and physically,
is there a way around this?
is there somebody like an agent to handle this checkup etc?

i must say i'm very noob to imports and haven't a clue about this, all the shipping companies i've seen are utter scams online, i would very much appreciate if somebody has gone through these steps of buying a used car from the states, some phone numbers or somebody i can talk to about stuff that could clarify with me.
i know about carfax etc.

Do any of you guys know a good mechanic?, its always handy to have a mechanic i guess to take a look at the car incase i may miss something, A trusted mechanic like one of those old school ones haha. that wont say crap like "oh the car is good, Hmmm yes its ok to buy, and then makes me take it to his garage and unloads a bomb on me for his profit. I would again appreciate if somebody could tell me this.

I'm very confused about the whole procedure of shipping, Any advice on good places to buy used cars in the middle east, cause i've gotten quotations for shipping from the U.S and its quite expensive not to mention i cannot for the life of me understand why a 10 year old model car is selling for so expensive over there.

I have a budget of 30k i'm willing to shell out another 3-5k max to get this model and thats the average amount i can buy for the kms done on the car. i'm looking for anything between 80-120kms done, which i know is harder to find, but i've saved and book marked most of these cars and they all just sitting around in the U.S. The prices for these are stupid like 45k dhs, when i see the same models recently sold here for the same mileage around 28-35. i cannot understand this, maintenance condition etc. is it possible that cars there are more expensive than down here? how come, i thought it was the other way around?. anyways any advice and experience on this would be really awesome. its expensive to buy the car there, then shipping, then this 5% import tax thing not to mention the other hidden costs which seriously could blow me out of my room and make me drop a bomb of 50-60k dhs which i might as well buy a new car (NO!!!, i will not concede or give into the madness, HERESY!)

I would also like to know about RTA rules and importing rules, can i still drive a 10-9 year old car here?
will they pass it?,

i'm also looking to mod it a little bit, I'll post some pictures, just let me know if i can use this or not. I know i cannot use xenon lights, but what is a better alternative?
halogen projectors?.

could somebody explain a little bit more about projectors to me? or how i can get those xenon look to it? but not blinding, like maybe a whitish clear tinge to it or a bluish hue etc, according to the laws etc.

Can i use Black rims? what size can i go upto which is legal?
is black rims even legal?.
maybe the pictures will explain it.

Could somebody also suggest a paint shop with good prices, whats the cheapest but really good work done.
i would like to get the car painted Black, and maybe some day put some vinyls on it. I want to install a parking camera and sensors and maybe even a keyless engine starter to it. is all this legal?

What about car seats? can i change it or do i have to keep getting a permit for everything that needs to be changed oh god.

[img]
st-1-satin-black_1.jpg
[/img]

The rims are just an example and not a final decision.

http://www.carid.com/2006-gmc-yukon-den ... 01707.html

http://www.carid.com/2006-gmc-yukon-den ... 37528.html

http://www.carid.com/2006-gmc-yukon-den ... 08306.html

http://www.carid.com/2006-gmc-yukon-de ... 8451.html

[img]
neosupreme-3-rows_1.jpg
[/img]

The seats are not final, its just an idea if i can do something like this, cause i really dont know squat about what rules are happening and whats changing all the time

[img]
alt-yd-cd00-led-bsm_1.jpg
[/img]

Can i put black taillights? are they legal?

http://www.carid.com/2006-gmc-yukon-den ... 32170.html

There would be a lot of things i'd like to do, but first i would like to get the car. Maybe i'll save all my ranting for the other forums slowly. I guess when i first get it, i'll have to flush the engine, see to the mechanical side first, any idea would be really helpful, any mechanics or garages would be even more helpful.

If anybody comes across this Model, i'd be so thankfull and even more greatful if you could get in touch with me. GMC Yukon Denali, 2005-2006 model, between 80-120 kms done if possible or even close to it.

oh god it seems i wrote a goddamn library up in here, and the funny thing is i hate typing out anything. But i'm honored to be here, I will be more active since theres a lot of good info going on here & hopefully maybe i can also contribute and give back to the community here, thank you so much guys for hearing me ramble on, i'm losing sleep over this hahaha.

I welcome all suggestions, tips, advice and the occasional troll, i could use the laughs!, before i ramble more, thank you guys, PM me if anything and i'll give you my phone number to call, or msg me here. Thank you once again!

Foochum
UB Junior Member

Post by Foochum » 16 Jul 2015, 10:45 am

[img]
Ryan-Gosling-Mr-Bean-Meme.jpg
[/img]

[img]
large.jpg
[/img]

[img]
Funny-Car-Paint-Funny-Pictures.jpg
[/img]