Help please

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
Khan
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:1989 CRX Si

Post by Khan » 15 May 2006, 1:25 pm

HI to everyone. I was out of town and when came back was stuck in my papers. anyways seems the uae boost is GROWING.... and pray that it continues.
I have a corolla 93 as some of u know. I was planning for a starlet 1.6 turbo engine but due to passing problems i changed the plan. I swapped the corolla engine to another engine, which is also known as COROLLA GT ENGINE. the details are as follows.
2.0 Twincam engine
4 throttle body
20 valves ( which i am doubtful)
with headers installed on it.

now can u clear me that can 20 valves come in 4 cylinder engine? coz in the market they know the engine as 20v corolla engine.
and can some body tell me where to test the car for max speed.(the road without radars and cops).
what i have researched so far that this engine comes with a stock 9500 RPM and can be tuned upto 12000 RPM with out heavy modifications( i mean turbo) the car can be tuned upto 300+ horsepower.

the engine is same as used in corolla 86 GTS.

also tell me that I found the same engine with a turbo and rear slip differential. but that engine is costing me approx 5000+ with fitting the rear wheel differential....... Will it be LEGAL????????//

ALi
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda Accord 2007

Post by ALi » 15 May 2006, 1:30 pm

hi khan,,, i dono abt other things u asked but for the speed testing... u can try it on emirates road.. in front of global village ... ther r no radarz in front of global village.. i goto the max evryday in my car at nite while cumin bak frm KV... till yesterday ther wer no radarz but dono abt today.. u never kno when badluck struks.. :) jst chekout the road 1st thn try testin ur car... :)

and i also heard frm my friends tht COROLLA GT is a powerful car :D

Khan
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Khan » 15 May 2006, 1:32 pm

thnks for the info.

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 15 May 2006, 6:39 pm

Khan wrote:also tell me that I found the same engine with a turbo and rear slip differential. but that engine is costing me approx 5000+ with fitting the rear wheel differential....... Will it be LEGAL????????//
You are talking about the engine in the AE101? A 20 Valve 4A-GE?? 5 valves per cylinder.. that's correct. :)

It was produced from 1991 through 1998 though.. So that's not too bad either. It gives a whopping 165 bhp.. which aint too shabby.

BUT.. this is still a 1.6 liter engine, and it only has, afaik, one throttle body.

The other engine you found is probably the one from the MR2 / All trac celica.. that's a 2.0 liter turbocharged engine.

I honestly think that 5000 is a bit too cheap.. Sure, they can give you the differential and the engine, but you need an entire drivetrain. A differential is the conenction between two wheels that are powered. Khan, if you go under your car, you'll see a big metal thing between your front wheels. That's the differential.

In order to have a good swap, you need the engine, the complete wiring harness, a drivetrain (long bar from front of your car to the rear wheels) custom mounting points (or is your engine longitudal?) and motor mounts, and the differential. Not to mention all custom work there's needed to reroute fuel lines, and such.. plus I guess your exhaust manifolds have to be changed (welded) as well.. and you don't want to push all that thruogh your little exhaust.

These AE101 engines can indeed go high in RPM's, but it's not about high RPM's. These are engines that have to be driving hard and high.. which basically means that you won't go below 7000 RPM.. And

1. that's loud
2. that's a lot of petrol

Sure, if you have 50.000 dirhams lying around, it's a cool project, and I'd like to see and help you with it... but..

Check which other engines share the same platform as your car.. and maybe check around for anyone who did a low boost turbo.

That will give you (a little bit) less headaches, and more power.

Plus you psoted in the wrong forum, so Sam will steal 10dhs of you :)

Oh.. and starlets only come with 1.3 engines.. afaik. The good ones do atleast :D

Hammood_Junooni
UB Senior Member

Post by Hammood_Junooni » 15 May 2006, 7:56 pm

Hmm I just know that 2.0 corolla is really fast and superb....cuz one of ma frend had it...i dunno if he still has it or nah ! and as for testing...i think the new road to ras al khaimah...there r no radars at all..cuz last eid..we went to awafi in a lexus...no radars at all..and we drove at 220

ALi
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda Accord 2007

Post by ALi » 15 May 2006, 11:34 pm

Hammood_Junooni wrote:Hmm I just know that 2.0 corolla is really fast and superb....cuz one of ma frend had it...i dunno if he still has it or nah ! and as for testing...i think the new road to ras al khaimah...there r no radars at all..cuz last eid..we went to awafi in a lexus...no radars at all..and we drove at 220
ther r no radarz but i think its just a two trak road..if he will overtake a truck in a corolla it will b difficult to control at high speeed as corolla is a light car. :)

Hammood_Junooni
UB Senior Member

Post by Hammood_Junooni » 16 May 2006, 12:11 am

No man..itz not 2 track road...itz i think so 4 cuz i remember.,..cuz when we were going to RAK last time...a truck was on fire..and i remember itz 4 track road !

Khan
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Khan » 16 May 2006, 12:11 am

ok sorree man, let it be shifted to the right place.
any ways thanks for the info buddies.....

and Mike, that person is giving me actually full 4WD corolla with a twin cam engine 2.0 in 8000Dhs and this rear wheel is actually hatch back and has a front shape like tercel or starlet full car for 6000Dhs but the rear wheel drive is really rare. and are right hand cars. the engine which i want to discuss is corolla gt engine....
twincam 2.0 and 4 throttle body, front wheel.
now what is this 4 throttle body and how it helps in performance point of view.
it is chasis type 101 and it is also known as silver top, with a stock horsepower of 170 to 175 hp. as far as i have researched.

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 17 May 2006, 1:12 pm

Topic moved. Technical Talk > Engine

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 17 May 2006, 6:52 pm

Khan wrote:full 4WD corolla with a twin cam engine 2.0 in 8000Dhs
That would be an .. AE92 but it's probably a sedan type of car?
Khan wrote: and this rear wheel is actually hatch back and has a front shape like tercel or starlet full car for 6000Dhs but the rear wheel drive is really rare.
The last generation that was rwd, is the "hachi roku's.. " one. The model from 1984, moved the Corolla into front wheel drive, except for the AE85 and AE86 Sprinter Trueno, which stayed rwd.

A throttle body is the "butterfly thingy" that is connected to your gas pedal.. multiple throttle bodies is usually find in high end cars, and dragsters. I just called a "friend" (ex customer) who's a car nut, and indeed.. I stand corrected, toyota has a manifold with 4 individual TB's.. jeez.

Every manifold would be a dedicated "pipe" towards your cylinders as air intake.. Whereby other cars usually have "one" intake, and split/combine them towards the 4,6,8,10,12,.. cylinders in the car.

AE101, if it's really like that.. are nice cars, but they are, as I think, front wheel drives..

I guess that the guy is selling you a AE101 GT apex levin .. if it's a rhd and he wants 6000 / 8000 dhs for it, drop it. I can get you the car for 4k maximum. (but still, ask how much kilometers it has on the clock, ...)

hawkeyez
UB Senior Member

Post by hawkeyez » 17 May 2006, 9:27 pm

i dunt no much abt engines but abt wht ali said Emirate road dunt even thnk of it alot of undercover cops going aorund
hawk

P.S. i recently spoted a cop in a sky blue colour new camry be ware that 1 of the cars they r using

Khan
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Khan » 19 May 2006, 12:34 am

yeah mikeh u r right. the rwd i was talking is actually ae85, the corolla with non-retractable lights. the fwd is actually the wagon corolla with AE101 chasis type.
the engine I have swapped is corolla GT chasis type of AE101 Front Wheel, but comes in the shape of 4 door sedan corolla (same shape of 93-97)
or may be the engine which I took out was fitted in that corolla from japan.

anyways, regarding the throttle body, it is 4TB but still how does it helps in performance point of view?

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 21 May 2006, 9:59 pm

Khan wrote:anyways, regarding the throttle body, it is 4TB but still how does it helps in performance point of view?
A cylinder is actually like a lung, the better it breaths, to better it performs. A 4 cyl engine (like the one we are yapping about), you can see it as 4 people.. each having one lung. The throttle body is your oxygen supply..

Having one oxygen supply, means that there will be more restriction for all 4 of you to breath.. If each person had his/her own oxygen supply, then breathing would be much easier.

It's like inhaling trhough a hose (to water the garden's plants) or through a %#%$ straw.. the hose will be easier.

This applies to both intakes and exhausts..

Problem with that 4tb engine, is that parts will be more expensive, and you won't be able to find a food air intake for it. I don't know how your intake manifold would be situated, but you might be sucking in hot air.