Honda vs TIBURETS

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 06 Jun 2006, 10:55 pm

post here so u wont hi jack other topics !!!

Masssrooooorrrrr !! let me drive that Civic for teh last time and show this Tiburets a lesson !! :lol: [/i]

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 06 Jun 2006, 11:16 pm

watch how the Civic smoke dat tiburets !! bwihihihi

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?p=civ ... ck=Results

Sparky
UB Advanced Member

Post by Sparky » 07 Jun 2006, 11:27 am

As I said before, it'd be great for this friendly H vs H meet to be set up at the GV parking lot... just for fun, no seriousness at all. :)

I just don't think anyone else is ready right now. If anyone is, then they can post here so that WTF (hopefully) can edit the first post to reflect everyone whose up for it.

Btw in that video... The civic had Headers, Full Exhaust and CAI, while the Tiburon had only a SRI intake. It was a close race... just shows how this H vs H race could be an interesting one. :D

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 07 Jun 2006, 12:18 pm

ehehehe !! but teh Tiburets got a V6 engine compared to a 1.6 and with its modification ... it gained only like 15 - 20 HP ... and its only a a D16Z6/Y8 SOHC engine !!! hihihi ... same like mine that i sold to Masroor .. only an Intake, Exhaust ... :lol: .. anyways .. am out of this race .. i surely miss mah Civic

Sparky
UB Advanced Member

Post by Sparky » 07 Jun 2006, 12:24 pm

WTF wrote:ehehehe !! but teh Tiburets got a V6 engine compared to a 1.6 and with its modification ... it gained only like 15 - 20 HP ... and its only a a D16Z6/Y8 SOHC engine !!! hihihi ... same like mine that i sold to Masroor .. only an Intake, Exhaust ... :lol: .. anyways .. am out of this race .. i surely miss mah Civic
So what car are you pllaning on getting?

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 07 Jun 2006, 12:27 pm

Oh sweet lord.. what have I done.. ;)

You cannot really call it a fair race.. I have video’s where a Tiburon (if you have trouble spelling the name, I’ll start writing about Blonda’s :D ) do a 12 second run.. so yeah.. It’s about modifications.

Plus, what would be a “race”.. If it’s just a straight line, then yes.. a Blonda might win, because of high hp’s @ high rpm’s.. make it a race with curves, and the lack of torque will put it behind..

I’m pro the idea of a friendly H vs H race.. but only, because I like to do something more during meets than just stand there and take pictures of cars I’ve seen hundreds of times already. I doesn’t even has to be during a official meet.. Hell, those who want, let’s meet up tomorrow night (8th of june) at the parking lot of GV.. ;)

Honda’s or Hyundai, or whatever brand.. if you’re up for it. Why not.

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 07 Jun 2006, 12:35 pm

Sparky wrote:
WTF wrote:ehehehe !! but teh Tiburets got a V6 engine compared to a 1.6 and with its modification ... it gained only like 15 - 20 HP ... and its only a a D16Z6/Y8 SOHC engine !!! hihihi ... same like mine that i sold to Masroor .. only an Intake, Exhaust ... :lol: .. anyways .. am out of this race .. i surely miss mah Civic
So what car are you pllaning on getting?
i already got one .. a Lancer Coupe 2000 model .... same like Kingkenny ... but ill be bringing teh Ford ZX3 on da meet :? its a 2.0 DOHC Zetec engine :P

Sparky
UB Advanced Member

Post by Sparky » 07 Jun 2006, 12:45 pm

Yeah mikeh, what have you done? you're to blame for all this friendly rivalry... :D
Guys this is exactly the kind of spirit i'm looking for. 8)

mikeh, do you wanna make an official correctly spelled thread in the Race/Event section after we decide on our times and dates? I think it's a good idea to keep this seperate from the official meet. I was thinking the 15th or June... what do you guys think? We could even meet up to scout the area... setup the route... Honestly I was thinking we could do a drag at the parking lot itself, keeping it safe and off the streets...

We could bring some food and stuff, hang out there at GV and later in the evening do the H vs H or whatever other cars would like to join in.. and if someone could bring a vid-cam that would be cool. :)

This is gonna be fun.

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 07 Jun 2006, 1:50 pm

WTF wrote:2.0 DOHC Zetec engine :P
You upgraded from v-tec to z-tec? :) Z is the last of the alphabet..

The only upgrade you need is GK :P

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 07 Jun 2006, 5:16 pm

mikeh wrote:
WTF wrote:2.0 DOHC Zetec engine :P
You upgraded from v-tec to z-tec? :) Z is the last of the alphabet..

The only upgrade you need is GK :P
nice one Mikeh :P !! nah its sharjah registered ... modifying is not in its vocubulary :D .. plus its 165 hp standard stock :P ..

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 07 Jun 2006, 5:39 pm

Sparky wrote:mikeh, do you wanna make an official correctly spelled thread in the Race/Event section
Actually I don't know, because i don't like street racing and news papers (see 7days today) always talk about joyrides and boyracers..

Maybe we should keep this a bit more quiet... especially if we're gonna make a track and all..

Sparky
UB Advanced Member

Post by Sparky » 07 Jun 2006, 6:00 pm

mikeh wrote:
Sparky wrote:mikeh, do you wanna make an official correctly spelled thread in the Race/Event section
Actually I don't know, because i don't like street racing and news papers (see 7days today) always talk about joyrides and boyracers..

Maybe we should keep this a bit more quiet... especially if we're gonna make a track and all..
Agreed. Maybe we should just PM eachother instead of having a thread? (and we'll be off the streets so no hazard to the public. ;) )

albertho555
UB Special Member
Vehicle:B18C Civic HB

Post by albertho555 » 07 Jun 2006, 6:24 pm

ok guys, i sum how dont s the video :( any idea y?

is this meet confirmed for tomorrow at GV? do call me someone and pls confirm ... wud luv to come as i cannot make it on the 29th.

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 07 Jun 2006, 6:27 pm

Albertho, you're alive!!!
albertho555 wrote:wud luv to come as i cannot make it on the 29th.
Is your wife having a birthday again? :)

Sure, we can meet up.. would love to see your car man..

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 07 Jun 2006, 6:46 pm

if ur meeting, let me knw too -- i will try and make it :)