Awafi was boring this year because.......

Raced someone? Spotted a Member? Share with us here!
Hammood_Junooni
UB Senior Member

Post by Hammood_Junooni » 03 Jan 2007, 6:36 pm

Police detain teenage stunt driver after chase in Ras Al Khaimah
By Nasouh Nazzal, Staff Reporter

Ras Al Khaimah: Police on Tuesday detained an Emirati teenager who seriously injured three compatriots in a stunt driving show that went horribly wrong.

The Emirati was engaging in stunt driving and wheeling on the first day of Eid Al Adha in the Awafi area here.

Lieutenant Colonel Hassan Al Braiki, who heads the Police Patrols Section at the RAK Police Operation Department, said the entire area where the accident took place was officially closed to traffic to spare the public any further casualties.

Stunt driving is banned in the emirate.

He said the Emirati teenager was performing stunt driving and wheeling which attracted a large number of visitors to the tourist area of Awafi.

People gathered to watch the Emirati performing dangerous stunt driving.

But at one point the teenager was unable to control his vehicle when it came close to the crowd and hit three nationals.

The victims sustained serious injuries and were taken to Saqr Hospital where they were admitted to the ICU.

Lieutenant Colonel Al Braiki said the teenager fled the scene before the arrival of the police patrols.

The police managed to trace the suspect who was later chased and detained. His vehicle was also seized.

The teenager was referred to the Public Prosecution for further investigations.

He was charged with performing stunt driving, endangering the lives of other people and injuring three nationals.

Meanwhile, a total of 210 highway accidents was reported in Ras Al Khaimah during the Eid Al Adha holiday.

Sources at the Traffic and Licensing Department said a four-year-old national girl Mahra Hussain died and 46 others suffered various types of injuries. Sixteen of the injured are in serious condition.

When I reached Awafi with my friends, we saw 4-5 cops standing there.....and no one was being allowed to drift there ! We stayed there for 1.5 hours watching the 4 wheels........

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 03 Jan 2007, 6:40 pm

Hammood_Junooni wrote:and no one was being allowed to drift there !
next time you should call yer homeboys and block the streets, like they do in fast and furious,, that would be wicked.

So, a guy hits 3 Emirati's and you complain that it was boring?

Hammood_Junooni
UB Senior Member

Post by Hammood_Junooni » 03 Jan 2007, 6:47 pm

Dude, I didnt watch this whole scenario because I was late to Awafi ! Came to know from a friend, then this news was published in GN today !

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 03 Jan 2007, 7:07 pm

Hammood_Junooni wrote:Dude, I didnt watch this whole scenario because I was late to Awafi !
So, you actually *wish* you would have seen all this? It's getting crazy, the way people are getting more and more careless. It's fun to a certain extent but when those crazy drivers start hitting people, it actually does go out of control. I pity those who don't value other people's lives, yet, what we call "reckless driving" is being referred to by news reporters as "stunt driving" as in a more professional sense.

I'm glad the government is taking strict actions again such teenagers.

ALi
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda Accord 2007

Post by ALi » 04 Jan 2007, 12:22 pm

Sam wrote:I'm glad the government is taking strict actions again such teenagers.
its not just teenagers man 8)

Hammood_Junooni
UB Senior Member

Post by Hammood_Junooni » 04 Jan 2007, 7:02 pm

Sam wrote:
Hammood_Junooni wrote:Dude, I didnt watch this whole scenario because I was late to Awafi !
So, you actually *wish* you would have seen all this? It's getting crazy, the way people are getting more and more careless. It's fun to a certain extent but when those crazy drivers start hitting people, it actually does go out of control. I pity those who don't value other people's lives, yet, what we call "reckless driving" is being referred to by news reporters as "stunt driving" as in a more professional sense.

I'm glad the government is taking strict actions again such teenagers.
I dont mean that DAMN i missed the guys being hit and being taken to the hospital..I missed watching drifting for which I went to awafi...and have been always going !!

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 04 Jan 2007, 11:05 pm

so are you saying Hamood Junoonie Tunes that cops should allow or legalized those stuff for ur own sake coz it makes u bored if u cant watch stunts ? why not do it your self ?

Rakboyz
UB Addicted Member

Post by Rakboyz » 05 Jan 2007, 1:27 am

awafi was boring coz of 1st day of eid there was fight between rak n fujairah guyz ..so cops took away all cars even 2nd day towed away cars and stopped wheelies ...in the 7 emirates rak was best now dats all gettin over 4 wheelies....sum sick people sick drivers swear...how many of u agree with me ...like in warqa fun was started this winter in ramadan but some guyz just hit cops cars and acted over....shit :evil:

varshik
UB Dedicated Member

Post by varshik » 05 Jan 2007, 3:15 am

cmon guys,
Hamood_Junooni is just informing us about why awafi was boring this year...i dont think he or anyone over here is happy about whatever happened in awafi...

its just that every year it was somewhat like a huge event for many people,specially youngsters to watch the famous drifting and car-stunts in awafi...and now all of a sudden its not gonna happen anymore...awafi was famous all over the UAE for its drivers and cars...it has been featured in a bollywood movie too,so u can figure out the number of people interested in whatever used to go on there during eid and weekends...
in a way it is sad that it is stopped but when you compare it to the people's lives, it is definately a good step forward to prevent any more such mishaps...

and i guess Rakboyz has already told us the reason why there were no races in awafi this year...

booster
UB Dedicated Member

Post by booster » 05 Jan 2007, 3:26 am

thanks for the info bro

but there's another place tht cops dunno about :!: :!:

its a parkin lot that belongs to sum dude

n he's not there at night :D

so da guyz cant wait 2 go there but the prob is da noise

u know cars n stuff

soo am kinda sure tht the police will know about that to :mrgreen:

varshik
UB Dedicated Member

Post by varshik » 05 Jan 2007, 3:29 am

lol
theres an open parking lot in jumeirah 3 too, but the thing is its between two villas and visible from the main road...so cop trouble isnt far off...

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 05 Jan 2007, 9:52 am

theres a parking lot in deira, barsha, Jumeirah 1 & 2, Karama, Hor Al Anz, Ghusais, mirdif, warqa, ......... also owned by some dude

really alot of them! - :| -

Ohh - but Police know of them :(

any other parking lots u guys know about, that police know about, and is owned by some dude?

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 05 Jan 2007, 12:32 pm

Accord98 wrote:any other parking lots u guys know about, that police know about, and is owned by some dude?
Jebel Ali, Global Village, MoE, City Center, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, RAK, Ghana, Peru, Luxemburg, ...

many of those.

Hey but guys, I know of a place where you can race, it's owned by a sheikh or something.. and police won't stop you when speeding.

It's called Dubai autodrome.

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 05 Jan 2007, 12:55 pm

i dont think Junoonie Tunes and the rest of the guys who adore people doing stunts on public roads would go there ... how many times there where events like Autocross and recently a Drag Challenge but they'r not interested .. coz its legal :D

also those so called street racers who owned Mark II's, Skylines, Supra, etc .. where not on that event ... for juz a couple hundred dirhams .. only cars on that even are the people who really enjoy drag racing in legal grounds ...

Rakboyz
UB Addicted Member

Post by Rakboyz » 05 Jan 2007, 1:30 pm

here they dont allow street racing or any other illegal practise with the car..in short,to all you fans of street racing n drifting..plz plz plz dont miss out dubai drift challenge coming up this weekend ...watch it you are gonna sure like it..1st time in uae professional drfiters coming ...lets see whose going from dubai..i am planning to take ma friends gts33...lets try drifting hit n run...lol