Projector headlights

Body kits, paint jobs, stickers, lights, bumpers etc.

Moderator:Neo

presto
UB Junior Member

Post by presto » 04 Aug 2009, 1:15 pm

Is there anyone here in dubai that can do HID retrofits? that is install projector lights from lexus/acura etc into a headlamp of a car that dosent have it?
its quite a skilled job that takes a few hours, would be great if there was someone here.

i am NOT looking for just xenon lights, looking for a retrofitter :)

toleg
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:honda

Post by toleg » 04 Aug 2009, 2:13 pm

ive seen that in other forum - a lot, but not heared anyone here doing it, beside its cheaper to buy HID and less hassle plus you will get trouble from RTA during passing :D :D

presto
UB Junior Member

Post by presto » 05 Aug 2009, 12:38 pm

how will having a projecter setup cause hassle from rta? if done properly it will look completelyl stock. having just hid alone might cause more trouble as the beam pattern blinds everybody.

toleg
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:honda

Post by toleg » 05 Aug 2009, 2:13 pm

any modification/replacement of any parts, apart from OEM parts are prohibited by law, hence not allowed here in UAE.

though some can pass their cars and some cant, some got wasta some dont have, some got lucky and some not.

for me is not worth for the trouble / hassle unless it will make my car faster and handle better, then i might think about :D :D

but then its just me!

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 08 Aug 2009, 3:00 pm

U right presto, setting up projector is way better than installing HIDs in a normal headlight...

I hate/despite people who do aftermarket install HID\s in their normal headlights..

They are such a nuisance....

Normal reflector headlights are meant to focus the default bulbs. Especially the dim lights.

When u install a HID in the dims, the whole light is spread out make it look really bright from far but then there is no benefit.

It hurts the eyes of the oncomers and people driving in front of you.

So please anyone reading this, dont install HID in your non projector type headlight for the sake of showing off. You are the reason why cops started catching everyone using HIDs

Regarding your headlight.. i bet it can be customized... but i wonder who will spend time on such a project than oneself.

ALi
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda Accord 2007

Post by ALi » 08 Aug 2009, 4:00 pm

presto wrote:how will having a projecter setup cause hassle from rta? if done properly it will look completelyl stock. having just hid alone might cause more trouble as the beam pattern blinds everybody.
i agree, HID lights cause lot of trouble. now cops are givin lots of fines..orignals are fine..

Matt_JPM
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:1995 Eclipse GST

Post by Matt_JPM » 16 Aug 2009, 5:31 pm

Hmmm that must be what that idiot previous owner did to my car... Looks like white HID in color, but it doesn't light up anything. My foglights are my headlights basically *sniff*... Who would actually be able to tell me what type of bulb to fit in there? Fasttrack and Habtoor weren't able to tell me...

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 16 Aug 2009, 9:36 pm

which car mate? Eclipse?

presto
UB Junior Member

Post by presto » 26 Aug 2009, 5:40 pm

so anyone know who can retrofit xenons for me? i can supply all the parts just need someone who has done retrofits before to do the labour.

Rogue
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Infiniti G35 06

Post by Rogue » 26 Aug 2009, 5:53 pm

i think u might need to do it yourself... if ur willing to do tht pm eleanor ... he has a good hand with headlights !!!

presto
UB Junior Member

Post by presto » 29 Aug 2009, 12:21 pm

i can put the headlights in the oven to open them up, i can even drill the holes for the projector to go. only thing i would need help is to get the projector mounted on the headlight in a way that it can be adjusted up/down and maybe even left/right.

no one on this forum has done a retrofit? come on guys stop blinding ppl with your hids in halogen housings hehe.