Fibreglass moulding for subwoofers

Audio/video systems, electronics, GPS, seats, fabrics etc.

Moderator:Neo

~kraZzY_DOo~
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:Hyundai Tiburon 2004

Post by ~kraZzY_DOo~ » 10 Mar 2009, 3:55 pm

does anyone know where exactly fibre glass moulding for subwoofers is done?
i found yellowhat does it for dhs.4000 along with 1 normal subwoofer and an amp. And another shop in qusais, where they charge just dhs.5000 alone for a fibreglass moulding. The next is at HSV in karama, where they said, it would cost above dhs.5000.

i checked with a couple of shops in deira, and they said it is done is sharjah, rolla, for somthing like less than dhs.1000. has anyone seen or does anyone know, where fibreglass is done for cheap?
Attachments
GetAttachment.jpg
GetAttachment1.jpg
these are what exactly im looking for. i dont know whose car this is, but i found this pic. in a facebook group, named uaeboost.net

a.99.n
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:Accord 2.2 SI +Accord wagon

Post by a.99.n » 10 Mar 2009, 5:12 pm

i know a guy who used to do it ..... but need to ask him again now ...

Rogue
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Infiniti G35 06

Post by Rogue » 10 Mar 2009, 6:32 pm

ask neo ... u wud really wanna consult him wen it comes to sound system ... i think he's used a bit of fibre glass for his own coupe as well ...

same1
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:Civic 01. 92 Mark II 2JZ

Post by same1 » 10 Mar 2009, 9:42 pm

Check in Bagalbal Garage in Rashidiya and Bown Tuning behind Shj Lacnor Bown tuning is famous in fiber glass

~kraZzY_DOo~
UB Dedicated Member

Post by ~kraZzY_DOo~ » 11 Mar 2009, 9:32 am

a.99.n: could you check with him if he still does it? if yes his location, and an approximate amount.
thanks mate! :)

rogue: neo isnt aware. and as far as i know, he hasnt used fibreglass at all. he's built his own custom made box.! an awsum sh**! lolz.

same1: could u get me bagalbal garage's number? and where exactly it is located in rashidya? i work in rashidya as well. so might be easier for me. anyhow, bown tuning's number also, and its location, i could compare the price and quality, and get it done at the best place.
i like ur quote by the way. ;)

thanks guys!

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 14 Apr 2009, 12:55 pm

If you are planning on doing up ur trunk..
I say spend some real good money on someone who is an expert..
Cheap fiber glass work is real bad...

Eg:-
My B-law and his friend spend 15 grands or more doing up the Mini cooper...
Removed the back seats and instead remote controlled motorised tray with amps mounted...

The work took six months i think... and he didnt use it for three months... got the stuff removed...

The issue was simple.. the work looked great at a glance but the imperfection really made the car look cheap..

The FG moulded parts screwed to the body and other parts started moving and jerking creating the most irritiating noise you could possible hear inside the car....

And the friction started cracking and grinding the joints... creating a white powder...

he removed everything out... tats how i got the kicker 650.4 amp and Jl Audio 1000/1 Amps... the car had two RF 2000 W woofer too... plus bostons speakers and more amps...

In short.. If you do the entire trunk for a daily driven car
1) You lost trunk space
2) You might not be able to remove the spare wheel.
3) It might crack or break due to the constant wear and tear.
4) Might require modifying or removing OEM parts.
5) Might look great but not sound great.

I am not trying to discourage you.
Trying to encourage to you to get it from someone who does this regularily.
FG is like an art, drawing a picture... It requires lot of patience and skills.

Good luck.

I am redoing my entire setup, trying to reduce the weight and the tuning frequency of my Woofer.
But not going to do FG on this car...

Maybe FG on another ride for show only.

~kraZzY_DOo~
UB Dedicated Member

Post by ~kraZzY_DOo~ » 14 Apr 2009, 2:12 pm

true. im on the verge of dropping out FG. i got a better custom made enclosure. which will fit in for sure. all i need is, to give him the size of the subwoofers, which i'll do after i purchase it.
i dint know the disadvantages of FG. i thot its the best ever. lol. cuz it looked like its permanently fixed. didnt think of the spare wheel part. lol!
poor old dumb me. hehe!