SNAP at Autodrome Mar 7th

Archived Past Events with photo galleries and all information.
a7med
UB Dedicated Member

Post by a7med » 29 Feb 2008, 9:10 pm

iam in (Y)

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:clio197

Post by kingkenny » 29 Feb 2008, 11:49 pm

1.kingkenny - S2000 ( 9-12 )
2.kingkenny's brother - Lancer ( 9 -12 )
3.jay - Gti ( 9-12 )
4.stone-head - Skyline ( 1-5 )
5.GT ST@RLET - Starlet ( 1-5 )
6.CUSTOM_RIDE - Eclipse ( 9 -12 )
7.VERTEX - Soarer (1-5)
8.SAM - Soarer (1-5)

9.a7med - Crx ( 9-5 )
10.Albertho555 - Civic or Interga ( 9 -12 )

GT ST@RLET
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:lexus ls400

Post by GT ST@RLET » 01 Mar 2008, 12:31 am

so.......... it will be nice
and good luck for all (Y)

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member

Post by kingkenny » 04 Mar 2008, 1:36 pm

Dear Drivers,

Firstly, may we thank you for volunteering to drive a special needs student in our Lap with SNAP day, your support is beyond words.

The schedule of the day maybe subject to minor change on the day, will be as follows:

Morning session

08:45 – 09:15 Driver arrival and registration on Circuit (Hill Circuit) Follow signs for direction – Area denoted as the GREEN
Section. Each driver will be given a light green card for the windscreen to confirm registered use of circuit.

09:15 – 09:30 positioning of cars for group photo
09:45 Photo Shoot for the media

10:00 – 10:15 Drivers briefing – please note if cars have not been registered or drivers have not attended briefing you will
Be unable to take part in the morning session.
10:20 – 10:40 Driver familiarization of circuit with instructors, followed by re-positioning of cars to pit lane area ready for
Passenger intake.
10:45 First student runs begin
Please note that we have a team of volunteers who will help place students in your cars, due to the nature
Of some disabilities students will be unable to wear crash helmets. The volunteers will check that all
Students are strapped in by seat belt. No car must leave with a student unbelted.

RUNS will consist of part circuit – part sprint – part autotest – each car will do a completed section of all Parts, which has been designed to give maximum excitement effect for the students and less transfers for students to do. However if you do not wish to take part in one of the sections this is now your time to advise me. We are unable to do burn outs or smoking of wheels, by strict instruction of the circuit.

The circuit is 1.6 kilometers and shouldn’t take too long to complete, once you have completed the course you will return to the pit area to disembark your student and collect another. If at any point you have decided not to re-run you will have the option to take the car through a gate (discussed in briefing) to leave the circuit. There will be several cars on the circuit at the same time in order to get through the numbers, which will also be discussed during the briefing.

For some students who are wheel chair bound we will be loading them in another area to bring on to the circuit, certain cars will be allocated for this collection and run. This will be done on the day when we have a better idea of exact numbers.

12:30 Break for prayer & Lunch –
Boxed lunches will be on sale at a cost of 15 AED including water and juice, grass seating area and tents will
Be available to relax while eating.

Water in cool boxes will be provided in the pit area during the session
For those of you who have only booked for the morning session you will be able to leave at this point or join
Us for lunch. We are also situated next to the Amphitheater which is a perfect viewing point for the National
Racing which will be happening at the same time and will continue till around 5pm. We have plenty of
parking bays within the same area for those wishing to stay and watch the racing.

AFTERNOON SESSION

13:00 – 13:20 Driver arrival and registration on Circuit (Hill Circuit) Follow signs for direction – Area denoted as the GREEN
Section. Each driver will be given a Dark green card for the windscreen to confirm registered use of circuit.

13:20 – 13:35 Drivers briefing – please note if cars have not been registered or drivers have not attended briefing you will
Be unable to take part in the afternoon session.
13:35 – 13:55 Driver familiarization of circuit with instructors, followed by re-positioning of cars to pit lane area ready for
Student intake.
14:00 Second session runs begin
Please note that we have a team of volunteers who will help place students in your cars, due to the nature
Of some disabilities students will be unable to wear crash helmets. The volunteers will check that all
Students are strapped in by seat belt. No car must leave with a student unbelted.

16:15 Last session

16:30 Cars, Drivers and students positioned for group photo on circuit

Note: Water will be available in cool boxes throughout the afternoon session

Due to limited toilet facilities we will be running a shuttle bus to and from the grandstand for anyone wishing to use the toilets, drivers on circuit should leave their cars and head to the shuttle area, which will be signposted.

If time and Autodrome permit there will be an open session for drivers after the last group photo shoot that will end at 17:00 when the circuit will officially close.

Please can we all make an effort to be on time and clean up after ourselves when eating and drinking?

Food will be available to purchase from 11 through to 3, soft drinks and water, unfortunately at this stage no coffee so if an addict like me best bring your flask.

If you have any questions about the day please contact me on mobile 050 559 6049, look forward to seeing you all there.

Kind Regards

Sandy

stone-head
UB Senior Member

Post by stone-head » 04 Mar 2008, 2:20 pm

one more thing Kingkenny
could u post the map & location , since I've never been there
BTW is it the same karting track in jabal ali ??

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member

Post by kingkenny » 04 Mar 2008, 2:27 pm

stone-head wrote:one more thing Kingkenny
could u post the map & location , since I've never been there
BTW is it the same karting track in jabal ali ??

http://www.dubaiautodrome.com/general/c ... spx?id=154

above it's dubai autodrome web site , and location map !!

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member

Post by kingkenny » 04 Mar 2008, 2:34 pm

RUNS will consist of part circuit – part sprint – part autotest – each car will do a completed section of all Parts
exciting ? :D

now i regret why i registered morning only .......

CUSTOM_RIDE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by CUSTOM_RIDE » 04 Mar 2008, 10:11 pm

kingkenny wrote:
RUNS will consist of part circuit – part sprint – part autotest – each car will do a completed section of all Parts
exciting ? :D

now i regret why i registered morning only .......
ME TOO......BUT I THINK WE CAN STILL REGISTER ........ANY WAYZ WILL CATCH U GUYZ THERE MY CAR IS ALL SET TO BE THERE.........

GT ST@RLET
UB Senior Member

Post by GT ST@RLET » 06 Mar 2008, 2:57 pm

i hope the guyz of morning section can still to afternoon section to be all togerther (Y)

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member

Post by kingkenny » 06 Mar 2008, 9:50 pm

GT ST@RLET wrote:i hope the guyz of morning section can still to afternoon section to be all togerther (Y)
we probably will stay !! see you guys tomorrow !!

adj911
UB Advanced Member

Post by adj911 » 06 Mar 2008, 11:42 pm

1.kingkenny - S2000 ( 9-12 )
2.kingkenny's brother - Lancer ( 9 -12 )
3.jay - Gti ( 9-12 )
4.stone-head - Skyline ( 1-5 )
5.GT ST@RLET - Starlet ( 1-5 )
6.CUSTOM_RIDE - Eclipse ( 9 -12 )
7.VERTEX - Soarer (1-5)
8.SAM - Soarer (1-5)

9.a7med - Crx ( 9-5 )
10.Albertho555 - Civic or Interga ( 9 -12 )
11.Adj - CAmry or Mustang (1-5)
:)

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 07 Mar 2008, 12:39 am

I will be there from the morning till the last evening session InshAllah. We don't have any flyers to display, but we will have our reserved area given to us as we arrive at the same time earliest in the morning (9am) as all club areas are on first-come-first-served basis.

Please remember that all cars taking part in the circuit must arrive and register their cars on the spot between 8.45-9.15am. Drivers' briefing must be attended to at 10am. Runs for morning session registrants will be between 10.45-12.30pm and for afternoon session between 2.00-4.15pm.

Look for the orange and golden Soarers to find me.

See you all there! :)
BurnSoarer_1126.jpg

GT ST@RLET
UB Senior Member

Post by GT ST@RLET » 07 Mar 2008, 1:35 am

ok will be there inshallah
i have lime green starlet :D

stone-head
UB Senior Member

Post by stone-head » 07 Mar 2008, 9:16 pm

very nice & well organized act , met nice people from
our club & others (Y) (Y)
& I took two girls for a spin , sadly the 2nd girl wanted
more laps but my engine was over heated :$ :$
so sadly I let her down but another guy took her for a spin
(Y) (Y)
Prossett u missed a lot of fun

prossett
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Honda Jazz

Post by prossett » 07 Mar 2008, 9:26 pm

I can imagine, buddy, I can imagine!!! 8)

I'm glad you guys got to go.